Orioles announce Alex Cobb as Opening Day starter
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Alex Cobb will start on Opening Day, new manager Brandon Hyde announced.
Cobb will start things off on March 28 against the New York Yankees. The 31-year-old right-hander went 5-15 while throwing a 4.90 ERA and 1.41 WHIP with 102 strikeouts and 43 walks across 152 1/3 innings during his first season with the Orioles.
numberFire's models expect Cobb to record a 4.68 ERA and 1.37 WHIP with 106 strikeouts and 45 walks across 155 2/3 innings in 2019.
- Rogelio Armenteros will start for Houston Sunday July 17th, 2019
- Max Stassi heads to the Astros' bench Wednesday night July 17th, 2019
- Astros' Josh Reddick will be in left field Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos in the Astros' lineup Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez not starting Wednesday for Houston July 17th, 2019
- Mike Trout (calf) still out of the Angels' lineup Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Orioles-Nationals will start at approximately 8:35 PM ET Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Nationals-Orioles starting late Wednesday due to rain July 17th, 2019
- Dwight Smith sitting Wednesday for Orioles July 17th, 2019
- Hanser Alberto on Baltimore's bench Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Richie Martin in Orioles' lineup versus Nationals July 17th, 2019
- Steve Wilkerson starting for Orioles Wednesday July 17th, 2019