Orioles announce Alex Cobb as Opening Day starter
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Alex Cobb will start on Opening Day, new manager Brandon Hyde announced.
Cobb will start things off on March 28 against the New York Yankees. The 31-year-old right-hander went 5-15 while throwing a 4.90 ERA and 1.41 WHIP with 102 strikeouts and 43 walks across 152 1/3 innings during his first season with the Orioles.
numberFire's models expect Cobb to record a 4.68 ERA and 1.37 WHIP with 106 strikeouts and 45 walks across 155 2/3 innings in 2019.
- Steven Matz bounces back for Mets in victory April 23rd, 2019
- Sandy Leon behind the plate for Red Sox in first half Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Boston's Tzu-Wei Lin on second base in front end of Tuesday's doubleheader April 23rd, 2019
- Mitch Moreland out of Red Sox's lineup for first half of Tuesday's two-pack April 23rd, 2019
- Steve Pearce starting for Boston versus Detroit in Game 1 April 23rd, 2019
- Rafael Devers on Boston's bench versus Tigers in Game 1 Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Dwight Smith (quad) on Baltimore's bench against White Sox April 22nd, 2019
- Orioles' Chris Davis out of Monday's lineup April 22nd, 2019
- Jesus Sucre sitting for Baltimore Monday April 22nd, 2019
- Joey Rickard leading off for Orioles in Monday's opener April 22nd, 2019
- Baltimore's Stevie Wilkerson making season debut Monday April 22nd, 2019
- Richie Martin in Baltimore's lineup versus White Sox April 22nd, 2019