Bryce Harper is day-to-day for Philadelphia with bruised ankle
The swelling in Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper's bruised ankle reduced overnight and he is considered day-to-day, ESPN's Jeff Passan reports.
Harper was hit by a pitch in the ankle in Friday's exhibition game. Manager Gabe Kapler said there are "no concerns about opening day at this point," which is obviously good news.
Our models project him to hit .266 with 35 home runs in 640 plate appearances this season.
- Rogelio Armenteros will start for Houston Sunday July 17th, 2019
- Orioles-Nationals will start at approximately 8:35 PM ET Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Max Stassi heads to the Astros' bench Wednesday night July 17th, 2019
- Astros' Josh Reddick will be in left field Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos in the Astros' lineup Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez not starting Wednesday for Houston July 17th, 2019
- Brad Miller batting fifth for Phillies against Dodgers July 17th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- J.T. Realmuto sitting Wednesday for Philadelphia July 17th, 2019
- Jay Bruce placed on Phillies' IL with strained oblique July 17th, 2019
- Nick Williams recalled, starting for Phillies versus Dodgers July 17th, 2019
- Phillies' Jay Bruce pulled from Tuesday's game with oblique injury July 16th, 2019