Baltimore's Stevie Wilkerson making season debut Monday
Baltimore Orioles infielder Steve Wilkerson is making his season debut in Monday's series opener versus left-hander Manny Banuelos and the Chicago White Sox.
Wilkerson spent the start of the season in Triple-A Norfolk after being designated for assignment at the end of spring training. He only appeared in the infield last season during his first taste of the majors, but the 27-year-old is lined up in left field and batting sixth on Monday. Dwight Smith is out with a quad injury.
Wilkerson batted just .174/.224/.239 with 0 home runs over his first 49 major league plate appearances in 2018.
- Update: Tony Kemp on second base for Astros in Thursday's finale May 23rd, 2019
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes undergoes season-ending ankle surgery May 23rd, 2019
- Charlie Blackmon has "slight" calf issue, Rockies monitoring May 23rd, 2019
- Max Stassi starting for Houston versus White Sox May 23rd, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos out of Astros' lineup Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Yuli Gurriel on Astros' hot corner Thursday night May 23rd, 2019
- Orioles' Pedro Severino resting on Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Baltimore's Austin Wynns starting behind the plate on Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Rio Ruiz returns to the Orioles' lineup on Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Baltimore's Hanser Alberto receives Thursday off May 23rd, 2019
- Baltimore's Dwight Smith Jr. batting cleanup on Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Orioles' Joey Rickard sitting on Thursday May 23rd, 2019