Elvis Andrus placed on Rangers' injured list with hamstring strain
The Texas Rangers placed shortstop Elvis Andrus on the 10-day injured list with a left hamstring strain.
Andrus suffered the injury in the seventh inning of Tuesday's loss to the Kansas City Royals. It's not clear if he will be ready to return when first eligible. Logan Forsythe is covering shortstop on Wednesday versus the Royals.
Andrus is batting .325/.373/.510 with 6 homers, a triple, 9 doubles, 26 RBI, 25 runs scored, and 8 steals across 169 plate appearances.
- White Sox option Nick Delmonico to Triple-A on Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Miami's Sandy Alcantara blanks the Mets on Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Cincinnati's Yasiel Puig day-to-day after suffering a right shoulder sprain May 19th, 2019
- Cleveland's Shane Bieber throws a complete game shutout on Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Houston's George Springer leaves Sunday's game after experiencing lower back stiffness May 19th, 2019
- Washington's Gerardo Parra in the sixth spot on Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Hunter Pence will be the Rangers' DH on Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Willie Calhoun is not starting on Sunday for Texas May 19th, 2019
- Danny Santana getting Sunday off for Texas May 19th, 2019
- Rangers' Logan Forsythe will start at shortstop Sunday May 19th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa not in the Rangers' Sunday lineup May 19th, 2019
- Texas' Jeff Mathis gets the start at catcher Sunday May 19th, 2019