Daniel Ponce de Leon to take the mound for the Cardinals Friday
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Daniel Ponce de Leon will start on Friday against the New York Mets.
Ponce de Leon gets the nod with Adam Wainright on the injured list with a hamstring injury. The 27-year-old made 4 starts in 2018 but just 1 in 2019.
Ponce de Leon went 5 innings, allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while walking 3 and striking out 7 in his only other start of the season.
- Toronto's Teoscar Hernandez clobbers two home runs in Sunday's victory over Houston June 16th, 2019
- Cleveland's Trevor Bauer shuts down the Tigers on Sunday June 16th, 2019
- Washington's Matt Adams drives in seven runs on Sunday June 16th, 2019
- White Sox's Yoan Moncada pulled from Sunday's game after re-aggravating his back injury June 16th, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence (groin) exits Sunday's game in the fifth inning June 16th, 2019
- Cubs' Craig Kimbrel will pitch in Triple-A on Tuesday June 16th, 2019
- Tomas Nido in Mets' Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019
- Yairo Munoz out of St. Louis' Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019
- Marcell Ozuna sitting for Cardinals in finale with Mets June 16th, 2019
- Jose Martinez starting Sunday for Cardinals June 16th, 2019
- Paul Goldschmidt back in Cardinals' lineup Sunday afternoon June 16th, 2019
- Paul DeJong hitting second for Cardinals Sunday June 16th, 2019