Willson Contreras gets rest day for Cubs' final game
Chicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras is not in the starting lineup on Sunday.
Contreras is sitting out while Alex Avila guards the plate.
Contreras rolled this year with an .855 OPS, 21 home runs, 50 runs, 74 RBI, and 5 stolen bases in 428 plate appearances.
- Suns' Devin Booker (hand) is questionable for Saturday March 16th, 2018
- Athletics' Jharel Cotton (UCL) getting second opinion Friday March 16th, 2018
- Reds sign Eugenio Suarez to seven-year extension March 16th, 2018
- Phillies' Jerad Eickhoff (lat) to miss 6-8 weeks March 16th, 2018
- Cardinals' Luke Gregerson (oblique) will face live hitters on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Mets' Michael Conforto (shoulder) to play in minors game on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) set to return for Cubs on Saturday March 15th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) expected to return for Cubs this week March 14th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez still dealing with soreness in hamstring on Friday March 9th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez (hamstring) says cramp caused early exit on Thursday March 8th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez leaves game with possible hamstring injury on Thursday March 8th, 2018
- Ben Zobrist (back) making spring debut for Cubs on Tuesday March 6th, 2018