Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture
Houston Astros first baseman Yulieski Gurriel will serve a five-game suspension in 2018 for an offensive gesture made about Yu Darvish on Friday.
Gurriel will not be suspended during the World Series, and will instead serve his ban at the beginning of next season.
Gurriel has performed well at the plate this postseason, hitting .340/.386/.547 with 1 home run, 6 doubles, 4 runs, and 5 RBIs.
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson expects to become free agent following 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Toronto's Troy Tulowitzki (heel) unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day February 19th, 2018
- Red Sox still 'open' to signing J.D. Martinez February 19th, 2018
- Reds' outfield will be 'rotational unless performance dictates otherwise' February 19th, 2018
- Report: Chris Tillman returning to Orioles February 19th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Teoscar Hernandez could start season in minors February 19th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Cameron Maybin on Houston's bench Tuesday versus Yankees October 17th, 2017