Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year
New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge was named the 2017 American League Rookie of the Year on Monday.
Judge became the first Yankees player to win the award since Derek Jeter in 1996 as he won unanimously. The outfielder set a new rookie record with 52 home runs as he led New York back to the playoffs and within a game of the World Series, falling to the Astros in seven games.
Judge led the American League with 128 runs, 52 homers, and 127 walks while batting .284/.422/.627 with a .430 wOBA in 678 plate appearances.
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson expects to become free agent following 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Toronto's Troy Tulowitzki (heel) unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day February 19th, 2018
- Red Sox still 'open' to signing J.D. Martinez February 19th, 2018
- Reds' outfield will be 'rotational unless performance dictates otherwise' February 19th, 2018
- Report: Chris Tillman returning to Orioles February 19th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Teoscar Hernandez could start season in minors February 19th, 2018
- Yankees' Aaron Judge says left shoulder 'right on schedule' February 14th, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017