Blue Jays acquire Yangervis Solarte from Padres
According to Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, the Toronto Blue Jays have acquired third/first baseman Yangervis Solarte in a trade with the San Diego Padres.
There aren't any details on the trade at this time, but they're sure to eek out over the course of the next 24 hours. This isn't all that surprising as Solarte's been on the block all winter. The 30-year-old infielder is due $4 million in 2018 and has additional contract options for 2019 and 2020.
In 128 games, Solarte hit for 18 home runs, 64 RBI and a .317 wOBA over 512 plate appearances in 2017.
- Carson Fulmer starting for White Sox on Monday, Miguel Gonzalez (shoulder) heads to DL April 23rd, 2018
- Carlos Gonzalez (hamstring) lands on Rockies' 10-day disabled list April 23rd, 2018
- Rockies' Gerardo Parra drops appeal of suspension, eligible to return Friday April 23rd, 2018
- Kris Bryant makes early exit for Cubs on Sunday, passes initial concussion tests April 23rd, 2018
- Abraham Almonte hits a grand slam Sunday for Royals April 23rd, 2018
- Joey Gallo collects 2 RBI and 2 runs Sunday in Rangers' win April 23rd, 2018
- Aledmys Diaz out of the lineup for Toronto April 22nd, 2018
- Toronto's Steve Pearce out of the lineup on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Russell Martin catching for Toronto on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Justin Smoak returns to the Blue Jays lineup against the Yankees April 22nd, 2018
- Luke Maile returns to the Blue Jays' bench on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Devon Travis back in the starting lineup for Toronto April 22nd, 2018