Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Miles Mikolas (paternity) to start for Cardinals in Sunday's finale July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas placed on paternity leave list July 18th, 2018
- Scott Schebler (shoulder) lands on Reds' disabled list July 18th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (hip) starting at first base in rehab game Wednesday July 18th, 2018
- Rays' Wilson Ramos (hamstring) will start the second half of the season on the DL July 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg (shoulder) returning on Friday July 17th, 2018
- Astros' Carlos Correa (back) still not ready for rehab work July 15th, 2018
- Tony Kemp starting for Astros on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Tim Federowicz on Astros' bench versus Tigers July 15th, 2018
- Kyle Tucker sitting for Houston on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Max Stassi starting for Houston on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Tim Federowicz in Astros' lineup on Saturday July 14th, 2018