Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Ian Kinsler on Red Sox's bench in Game 4 Wednesday night October 17th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez (ankle) out of Red Sox's lineup versus Brewers in Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Brock Holt on second base for Red Sox versus Astros Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Rafael Devers starting for Red Sox in American League Championship Series Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger leading off for Dodgers versus Brewers in Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Max Muncy manning second for Dodgers versus Brewers Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Houston's Brian McCann not in Wednesday's starting lineup October 17th, 2018
- Tyler White sitting for Astros versus Red Sox in Game 3 October 16th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado moves to Astros' bench in Game 3 versus Red Sox October 16th, 2018
- Tony Kemp in left field for Astros versus Red Sox in Game 3 October 16th, 2018
- Brian McCann catching for Astros in American League Championship Series Game 3 October 16th, 2018