Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017