Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler on Red Sox's bench in Game 4 Wednesday night October 17th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez (ankle) out of Red Sox's lineup versus Brewers in Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Houston's Brian McCann not in Wednesday's starting lineup October 17th, 2018
- Brock Holt on second base for Red Sox versus Astros Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Rafael Devers starting for Red Sox in American League Championship Series Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Brandon Nimmo (leg) out of Mets' lineup versus Marlins September 30th, 2018
- Mets' Tomas Nido in Sunday's lineup September 30th, 2018
- Todd Frazier starting for Mets in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Michael Conforto hitting third for Mets versus Marlins September 30th, 2018
- Dominic Smith not in Mets' Saturday lineup September 29th, 2018
- Austin Jackson starting for Mets on Saturday September 29th, 2018