Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Miles Mikolas (paternity) to start for Cardinals in Sunday's finale July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas placed on paternity leave list July 18th, 2018
- Scott Schebler (shoulder) lands on Reds' disabled list July 18th, 2018
- Rays' Wilson Ramos (hamstring) will start the second half of the season on the DL July 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg (shoulder) returning on Friday July 17th, 2018
- Phillies interested in Toronto's J.A. Happ July 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (hip) starting at first base in rehab game Wednesday July 18th, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes (hip) could return for Mets on Friday July 16th, 2018
- Nationals-Mets expected to start at 1:55pm ET on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Mets' Devin Mesoraco catching against Washington July 15th, 2018
- Kevin Plawecki out of the Mets' lineup on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Matt den Dekker sitting Saturday for Mets July 14th, 2018