Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Carson Fulmer starting for White Sox on Monday, Miguel Gonzalez (shoulder) heads to DL April 23rd, 2018
- Carlos Gonzalez (hamstring) lands on Rockies' 10-day disabled list April 23rd, 2018
- Rockies' Gerardo Parra drops appeal of suspension, eligible to return Friday April 23rd, 2018
- Kris Bryant makes early exit for Cubs on Sunday, passes initial concussion tests April 23rd, 2018
- Abraham Almonte hits a grand slam Sunday for Royals April 23rd, 2018
- Joey Gallo collects 2 RBI and 2 runs Sunday in Rangers' win April 23rd, 2018
- Sunday's Braves versus Mets matchup postponed due to rain April 22nd, 2018
- Jose Reyes out of the Mets' lineup on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Mets' Jose Lobaton out of the lineup against Atlanta April 22nd, 2018
- Todd Frazier not in the Mets' lineup on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Wilmer Flores starting for the Mets on Sunday April 22nd, 2018
- Mets' Jay Bruce getting the day off against Atlanta April 22nd, 2018