Rangers sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract
The Texas Rangers signed free-agent starting pitcher Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The 44-year-old Colon has a chance to make the Rangers' rotation but will need a strong showing in spring training to grab the last starting spot. The 20-year veteran pitched for both the Atlanta Braves and Minnesota Twins last season.
Colon finished 2017 with a 7-14 record, 5.14 xFIP, 1.59 WHIP, and 89 strikeouts in 143 innings pitched.
- Christian Villanueva homers twice on Saturday to push Padres over Dodgers May 27th, 2018
- Logan Morrison starting at DH for Minnesota on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Twins' Robbie Grossman is not in the lineup on Saturday night May 26th, 2018
- Gregorio Petit will bat eighth on Saturday for Minnesota May 26th, 2018
- Ehire Adrianza moves to the Twins' bench on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler (knee) has X-rays come back negative, considered day-to-day May 26th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos out of the lineup Saturday for Texas May 26th, 2018
- Rangers' Carlos Perez in at catcher on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Ronald Guzman in the Rangers' lineup on Friday May 25th, 2018
- Rangers' Jurickson Profar batting fifth on Friday May 25th, 2018
- Rangers to send Austin Bibens-Dirkx to the mound Thursday night May 24th, 2018
- Hanser Alberto starting at shortstop for Texas on Thursday May 24th, 2018