Rangers sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract
The Texas Rangers signed free-agent starting pitcher Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The 44-year-old Colon has a chance to make the Rangers' rotation but will need a strong showing in spring training to grab the last starting spot. The 20-year veteran pitched for both the Atlanta Braves and Minnesota Twins last season.
Colon finished 2017 with a 7-14 record, 5.14 xFIP, 1.59 WHIP, and 89 strikeouts in 143 innings pitched.
- Carlos Martinez (shoulder) offseason program displeasing Cardinals February 20th, 2019
- Manny Machado reportedly agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres February 19th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith (elbow) may miss Japan series February 19th, 2019
- Cardinals' Carlos Martinez (shoulder) not throwing for 2 weeks February 19th, 2019
- Giants' Bruce Bochy to retire after this season February 18th, 2019
- Angels' Justin Upton dealing with patellar tendinitis February 18th, 2019
- Drew Robinson in Ranger's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Joey Gallo batting fifth on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Nomar Mazara not starting on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Jurickson Profar sitting for Rangers on Sunday September 30th, 2018