Twins' Ervin Santana out 10-to-12 weeks after surgery on finger
Minnesota Twins starting pitcher Ervin Santana underwent surgery on the middle finger of his throwing hand and will miss 10-to-12 weeks, per Rhett Bollinger, of MLB.com.
Terrible blow to the Twins' rotation as Santana was projected to fill the team's top spot. A 10-to-12 week timetable would rule the starter out until late-April/early-May. The news could push the Twins into increasing their offer to free agent Yu Darvish, who they had been pursuing this winter.
Santana owned solid numbers in 2017, posting a 16-8 record with a 3.28 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, and 167 strikeouts in 211 1/3 innings pitched.
- Jose Briceno sitting on Sunday for Los Angeles Angels May 27th, 2018
- Albert Pujols not in Angels' lineup on Sunday May 27th, 2018
- Justin Upton sitting for Los Angeles on Sunday May 27th, 2018
- Charlie Culberson starting for Atlanta on Sunday May 27th, 2018
- Johan Camargo out of Braves' lineup on Sunday May 27th, 2018
- Sandy Leon starting for Boston on Sunday May 27th, 2018
- Logan Morrison starting at DH for Minnesota on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Twins' Robbie Grossman is not in the lineup on Saturday night May 26th, 2018
- Gregorio Petit will bat eighth on Saturday for Minnesota May 26th, 2018
- Ehire Adrianza moves to the Twins' bench on Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Logan Morrison is absent from the Twins' Friday lineup May 25th, 2018
- Twins' Mitch Garver starting at catcher Friday night May 25th, 2018