Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract
Pitcher Yu Darvish has come to an agreement with the Chicago Cubs on a six-year, $126 million contract, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The deal is pending a physical, but we finally have one of the biggest free agents off the board in what has mostly been a quiet baseball offseason. Darvish will also have a chance to make as much as $150 million through incentives. The Cubs are set to enter the season with a rotation of Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood. Perhaps this will set the wheels in motion for other free agent signings.
Last season, Darvish pitched 186 2/3 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 209 strikeouts.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Report: Yasmani Grandal could be Dodgers' primary catcher in 2018 February 18th, 2018
- Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal February 13th, 2018
- Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract February 10th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017