Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal
The St. Louis Cardinals and free agent pitcher Bud Norris have agreed to a one-year, $3M deal, pending a physical, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Despite primarily being used in relief last season with the Los Angeles Angels, the Cardinals are expected to give Norris a shot at earning a spot in the rotation. The veteran pitcher had started 33 games the previous 3 seasons.
Norris finished 2017 with 19 saves, 3.66 xFIP, 1.34 WHIP, and 74 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Carlos Martinez (shoulder) offseason program displeasing Cardinals February 20th, 2019
- Cardinals' Carlos Martinez (shoulder) not throwing for 2 weeks February 19th, 2019
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Yadier Molina sitting for St. Louis in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Jedd Gyorko out of Cardinals' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Marcell Ozuna on Cardinals' bench versus Cubs September 30th, 2018