Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal
The St. Louis Cardinals and free agent pitcher Bud Norris have agreed to a one-year, $3M deal, pending a physical, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Despite primarily being used in relief last season with the Los Angeles Angels, the Cardinals are expected to give Norris a shot at earning a spot in the rotation. The veteran pitcher had started 33 games the previous 3 seasons.
Norris finished 2017 with 19 saves, 3.66 xFIP, 1.34 WHIP, and 74 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels sign Chris Carter to minor league contract February 18th, 2018
- Chris Young signs one-year deal with Angels February 18th, 2018
- Angels send C.J. Cron to Rays for player to be named later February 18th, 2018
- Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler December 13th, 2017
- Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers December 13th, 2017