Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (knee) remains on the shelf for Thursday's game May 24th, 2018
- White Sox' Matt Davidson (back) to sit out second straight game May 24th, 2018
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani no longer scheduled to start on Sunday May 24th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (biceps) 'felt good' following Wednesday bullpen session May 24th, 2018
- Athletics' Franklin Barreto not starting on Thursday afternoon May 24th, 2018
- Chad Pinder on Athletics' bench versus Mariners May 24th, 2018
- Nomar Mazara tallies two hits, homers as Rangers' outscore Yankees May 24th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos sitting for Rangers on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Delino DeShields returns to Rangers' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Carlos Perez starting for Rangers versus Yankees May 23rd, 2018
- Joey Gallo on Rangers' bench versus Yankees May 23rd, 2018
- Ryan Rua starting for Rangers against Yankees May 22nd, 2018