Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Drew Robinson in Ranger's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Joey Gallo batting fifth on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Nomar Mazara not starting on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Jurickson Profar sitting for Rangers on Sunday September 30th, 2018