Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Rangers will not sign Seung Hwan Oh February 17th, 2018
- Rangers sign Edinson Volquez to two-year minor league deal February 17th, 2018
- Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal February 12th, 2018
- Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018 February 12th, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018