Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal
The Texas Rangers have agreed to a minor league deal with infielder Trevor Plouffe.
The 31-year-old Plouffe will get a shot to make the opening day roster as a backup infielder. The Rangers could use him at either corner infield spot (behind Adrian Beltre and Joey Gallo) or as a designated hitter.
Plouffe batted .198 with 9 homers and 19 RBI in 313 plate appearances with the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's last season.
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (knee) remains on the shelf for Thursday's game May 24th, 2018
- White Sox' Matt Davidson (back) to sit out second straight game May 24th, 2018
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani no longer scheduled to start on Sunday May 24th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (biceps) 'felt good' following Wednesday bullpen session May 24th, 2018
- Athletics' Franklin Barreto not starting on Thursday afternoon May 24th, 2018
- Chad Pinder on Athletics' bench versus Mariners May 24th, 2018
- Nomar Mazara tallies two hits, homers as Rangers' outscore Yankees May 24th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos sitting for Rangers on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Delino DeShields returns to Rangers' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Carlos Perez starting for Rangers versus Yankees May 23rd, 2018
- Joey Gallo on Rangers' bench versus Yankees May 23rd, 2018
- Ryan Rua starting for Rangers against Yankees May 22nd, 2018