Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Jason Vargas passes physical, new deal with Mets is official February 18th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets February 14th, 2018
- New York Mets sign Todd Frazier to 2-year/$17M deal February 5th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Juan Lagares not starting in Mets' season finale October 1st, 2017