Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- White Sox' Welington Castillo reportedly to be suspended 80 games for PEDs May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Rondon replaces Matt Davidson in White Sox lineup May 23rd, 2018
- Matt Davidson (back) scratched from White Sox lineup on Wednesday night May 23rd, 2018
- Mariners' Mitch Haniger (wrist) day-to-day after being hit by pitch May 23rd, 2018
- Kike Hernandez enters Dodgers' lineup in Wednesday's series finale May 23rd, 2018
- David Dahl starting on Wednesday for Colorado May 23rd, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco starting at catcher for Mets on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mets' Luis Guillorme starting at third base on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Bautista out of the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Adrian Gonzalez starting at first base for Mets on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Jay Bruce in the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Wilmer Flores out of the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018