Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Martin Maldonado heads to the Astros' bench on Tuesday August 21st, 2018
- Astros' Max Stassi in at catcher on Tuesday night August 21st, 2018
- Evan Gattis not starting on Tuesday for Houston August 21st, 2018
- Jose Altuve (knee) back in Astros' lineup on Tuesday August 21st, 2018
- Atlanta and Pittsburgh now scheduled to start at 7:45 pm ET on Tuesday August 21st, 2018
- Yasiel Puig in Los Angeles' Tuesday lineup August 21st, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy is not in Oakland's Tuesday lineup August 21st, 2018
- Josh Phegley starting for Oakland on Tuesday August 21st, 2018
- Ramon Laureano starting in center for Oakland on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Oakland's Mark Canha not in the lineup on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Oakland's Josh Phegley sitting on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Chad Pinder on Athletics' bench against Astros August 19th, 2018