Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official
The San Diego Padres have made their signing of first baseman Eric Hosmer official.
The contract is for eight years and worth $144 million. It contains an opt-out after five years, which would mean that San Diego's only responsible for $105 million. Hosmer will be introduced at a press conference on Tuesday. His presence will move Wil Myers to a corner outfield spot as he takes over as the team's primary first baseman.
In 2017, hit a career-high .318 with 25 home runs and 94 RBI for the Kansas City Royals.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jose Pirela starting for San Diego on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Austin Hedges starting at catcher on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg sitting for Padres on Subday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Wil Myers batting second on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Javy Guerra starting at shortstop on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Padres' Jose Pirela resting on Saturday September 29th, 2018