Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official
The San Diego Padres have made their signing of first baseman Eric Hosmer official.
The contract is for eight years and worth $144 million. It contains an opt-out after five years, which would mean that San Diego's only responsible for $105 million. Hosmer will be introduced at a press conference on Tuesday. His presence will move Wil Myers to a corner outfield spot as he takes over as the team's primary first baseman.
In 2017, hit a career-high .318 with 25 home runs and 94 RBI for the Kansas City Royals.
- Angels' Martin Maldonado heads to the bench Saturday night June 23rd, 2018
- Jose Fernandez draws start at first on Saturday for Angels June 23rd, 2018
- Angels' Albert Pujols absent from Saturday night's lineup June 23rd, 2018
- Ian Kinsler sitting Saturday for Angels June 23rd, 2018
- Jose Briceno behind the plate Saturday as Angels face Blue Jays June 23rd, 2018
- Justin Smoak on the Toronto bench Saturday night June 23rd, 2018
- Raffy Lopez out of the Padres' lineup on Saturday June 23rd, 2018
- San Diego's Cory Spangenberg out on Saturday June 23rd, 2018
- Padres' Travis Jankowski out of the lineup against the Giants June 23rd, 2018
- A.J. Ellis catching for San Diego on Saturday June 23rd, 2018
- Padres' Christian Villanueva starting on Saturday June 23rd, 2018
- Hunter Renfroe starting for the Padres against San Fran June 23rd, 2018