Russell Westbrook triple-doubles with career-high 24 assists in Thunder loss
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook scored 24 points (11-of-22 field goals, 2-of-5 free throws) with 13 rebounds, a career-high 24 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers in 49.6 minutes of a 154-147 double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday.
This is the second 20-point, 20-assist triple-double of Westbrook's career, while no other player has accomplished the feat even once since the turn of the century. The assists are tied for the most in a triple-double in NBA history and the most in a game since Rajon Rondo handed out 25 helpers in 2017. Westbrook is averaging a trip-dub on the year and leads the league in assists and steals. Not too shabby. The Thunder will welcome the Spurs to Oklahoma City on Saturday.
Westbrook set a new season-high with 78.6 FanDuel points in the loss. He's averaging 54.3 FanDuel points through 33 games this season.
- Deandre Ayton hauls in 17 rebounds as Suns fall to Raptors January 17th, 2019
- Otto Porter records double-double as Wizards narrowly top Knicks January 17th, 2019
- Jimmy Butler drops 27 as 76ers blow past Pacers January 17th, 2019
- Joel Embiid puts up second-straight double-double in 76ers win January 17th, 2019
- Gary Harris (hamstring) will play for Nuggets on Thursday January 17th, 2019
- Will Barton (personal) out for Nuggets on Thursday night January 17th, 2019
- Jerami Grant has 21 points with 3 steals, 2 swats in Thunder loss January 16th, 2019
- Dennis Schroder scores 21, Thunder lose in Atlanta January 16th, 2019
- Paul George scores 24 with 8 steals in ugly Thunder loss January 16th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook scores 31 with 11 assists and 5 steals, Thunder thwarted by Hawks January 16th, 2019
- Dennis Schroder scores all 19 in second half of Thunder win January 13th, 2019
- Jerami Grant scores career-high 25 points for Thunder January 11th, 2019