Russell Westbrook triple-doubles with career-high 24 assists in Thunder loss
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook scored 24 points (11-of-22 field goals, 2-of-5 free throws) with 13 rebounds, a career-high 24 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers in 49.6 minutes of a 154-147 double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday.
This is the second 20-point, 20-assist triple-double of Westbrook's career, while no other player has accomplished the feat even once since the turn of the century. The assists are tied for the most in a triple-double in NBA history and the most in a game since Rajon Rondo handed out 25 helpers in 2017. Westbrook is averaging a trip-dub on the year and leads the league in assists and steals. Not too shabby. The Thunder will welcome the Spurs to Oklahoma City on Saturday.
Westbrook set a new season-high with 78.6 FanDuel points in the loss. He's averaging 54.3 FanDuel points through 33 games this season.
- Boston's Aron Baynes (ankle) ruled out for the remainder of Wednesday's game against the Sixers March 20th, 2019
- Kawhi Leonard (rest) returns to the Raptors' starting lineup on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Bulls' Antonio Blakeney moves into Wednesday's starting lineup March 20th, 2019
- Zach LaVine scratched Wednesday for Bulls, Antonio Blakeney draws start versus Wizards March 20th, 2019
- New Orleans starting Jahlil Okafor at center on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Joel Embiid (rest) replacing Amir Johnson in 76ers' first unit versus Celtics March 20th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook back in the Thunder's starting lineup on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Dennis Schroder coming off Oklahoma City's bench on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Thunder's Nerlens Noel (quad) active on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Oklahoma City's Nerlens Noel (quad) questionable Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Nerlens Noel (quad) limited for Thunder Tuesday March 19th, 2019
- Jerami Grant goes for career-best 27 points in Thunder loss March 19th, 2019