Russell Westbrook triple-doubles with career-high 24 assists in Thunder loss
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook scored 24 points (11-of-22 field goals, 2-of-5 free throws) with 13 rebounds, a career-high 24 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers in 49.6 minutes of a 154-147 double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday.
This is the second 20-point, 20-assist triple-double of Westbrook's career, while no other player has accomplished the feat even once since the turn of the century. The assists are tied for the most in a triple-double in NBA history and the most in a game since Rajon Rondo handed out 25 helpers in 2017. Westbrook is averaging a trip-dub on the year and leads the league in assists and steals. Not too shabby. The Thunder will welcome the Spurs to Oklahoma City on Saturday.
Westbrook set a new season-high with 78.6 FanDuel points in the loss. He's averaging 54.3 FanDuel points through 33 games this season.
- Brandon Ingram reportedly traded to the Pelicans on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Josh Hart reportedly headed to New Orleans in multi-player trade with Lakers June 15th, 2019
- Pelicans reportedly acquire Lonzo Ball in blockbuster trade with Lakers on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Lakers reportedly acquire Anthony Davis from the Pelicans on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Knicks exercise Allonzo Trier's team option June 15th, 2019
- Warriors expect Klay Thompson (knee) to miss 9-10 months June 15th, 2019
- Oklahoma City's Hamidou Diallo undergoes elbow surgery April 17th, 2019
- Paul George (shoulder) 'good to go' on Tuesday for the Thunder April 16th, 2019
- Oklahoma City's Paul George (shoulder) officially available on Sunday April 14th, 2019
- Paul George (shoulder) a game-time decision for Thunder in Game 1 April 14th, 2019
- Thunder's Paul George (shoulder) questionable for Sunday's playoff opener against Portland April 13th, 2019
- Update: Dennis Schroder will start for Thunder on Wednesday with Paul George out April 10th, 2019