Mavs engaged in heated trade talks surrounding Dennis Smith Jr.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Dallas Mavericks "are escalating discussions" to find a trade for second-year guard Dennis Smith Jr.
The Orlando Magic and Phoenix Suns were both mentioned in the report as possible destinations for the point guard as the AMvericks look to commit to Luka Doncic as their full-time ball handler. Smith is currently nursing a back injury, but it could also be the Mavs way of holding him out with trade talks heating up. The NBA trade deadline is February 7.
Smith is averaging 12.6 points, 3.9 assists, and 23.6 FanDuel points per game this season.
- Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki unsure about retirement after this season February 16th, 2019
- Celtics' Kyrie Irving (knee) says he will play in the All-Star Game February 16th, 2019
- Pelicans reportedly name Danny Ferry as interim general manager on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Boston's Kyrie Irving (knee) 'very, very close' to returning February 15th, 2019
- Kent Bazemore scores 16 in 27 minutes, Hawks lose to Knicks February 15th, 2019
- Pelicans' Kenrich Williams bounces back with 9 points, 12 boards February 15th, 2019
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis says Celtics are on his list of his preferred destinations February 16th, 2019
- Luke Kornet goes 3-of-16, adds 4 steals in rare Knicks' victory February 15th, 2019
- Noah Vonleh available off Knicks' bench in Atlanta February 14th, 2019
- Luke Kornet draws start for Knicks Thursday, Noah Vonleh moving to bench February 14th, 2019
- Damyean Dotson starting for New York on Thursday February 14th, 2019
- Mario Hezonja (leg) officially ruled out for Knicks Thursday in final game before All-Star break February 14th, 2019