Mavs engaged in heated trade talks surrounding Dennis Smith Jr.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Dallas Mavericks "are escalating discussions" to find a trade for second-year guard Dennis Smith Jr.
The Orlando Magic and Phoenix Suns were both mentioned in the report as possible destinations for the point guard as the AMvericks look to commit to Luka Doncic as their full-time ball handler. Smith is currently nursing a back injury, but it could also be the Mavs way of holding him out with trade talks heating up. The NBA trade deadline is February 7.
Smith is averaging 12.6 points, 3.9 assists, and 23.6 FanDuel points per game this season.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Knicks reportedly sign Bobby Portis to a two-year, $31M deal July 1st, 2019
- Elfrid Payton reportedly signing a two-year deal with the Knicks July 1st, 2019
- Julius Randle reportedly agrees to a three-year deal with the Knicks June 30th, 2019
- Kevin Durant reportedly announcing decision Sunday night June 30th, 2019
- Knicks snag RJ Barrett with No. 3 selection June 20th, 2019
- Knicks exercise Allonzo Trier's team option June 15th, 2019