Oklahoma City's Hamidou Diallo wins Slam Dunk Contest
Oklahoma City Thunder shooting guard Hamidou Diallo won the Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday night.
Diallo defeated Dennis Smith Jr. in the final round by leaping over rap artist Quavo and then cramming down a two-handed windmill. In the first round, Diallo tore apart some of his jersey to reveal a Superman shirt before proceeding to fly over Shaquille O'Neal and hang with his arm through the basket, recreating Vince Carter's "honey dip" dunk from 2000. Miles Bridges finished in third place and John Collins placed fourth.
Diallo is averaging just 11.4 minutes through 45 games (three starts) for the Thunder this season.
- Andre Iguodala (dental work) probable for Warriors Tuesday March 19th, 2019
- Kyle Lowry (ankle) questionable for Raptors Wednesday March 19th, 2019
- Dennis Smith Jr. (back) ruled out again for Knicks Wednesday March 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Cousins (ankle) to sit again Tuesday for Golden State March 19th, 2019
- Derrick Rose (elbow) out again for Timberwolves Tuesday March 19th, 2019
- Mike Muscala named Lakers' starter Tuesday in place of LeBron James (groin) March 19th, 2019
- Jerami Grant goes for career-best 27 points in Thunder loss March 19th, 2019
- Thunder's Nerlens Noel (quad) inactive on Monday March 18th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook serving one-game suspension Monday as Thunder host Heat March 18th, 2019
- Thunder starting Dennis Schroder at point guard on Monday March 18th, 2019
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook reportedly suspended for Monday March 17th, 2019
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook likely facing suspension after picking up 16th technical foul on Saturday March 16th, 2019