Blake Griffin to take a breather for Clippers versus Cavaliers in second half of back-to-back
Detroit Pistons forward/center Blake Griffin will rest against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday.
The Pistons are 7.0-point road favorites on the second half of a back-to-back set, so they opted to give Griffin his third breather of the season. Andre Drummond figures to be asked to do more work on offense while Jon Leuer or Thon Maker could be in line for a start. Luke Kennard only attempted one shot on Sunday, but he tends to see the biggest boost when Griffin is unavailable.
Griffin is averaging 41.6 FanDuel points in 67 games this season, with 24.7 points, 7.6 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 0.7 steals, and 2.5 triples per contest.
- Kevin Durant (Achilles) reportedly declines Warriors' option June 26th, 2019
- Kent Bazemore sent from Atlanta to Portland in trade for Evan Turner June 24th, 2019
- Evan Turner traded from Blazers to Hawks for Kent Bazemore June 24th, 2019
- Duke's Cam Reddish headed to Atlanta at No. 10 June 20th, 2019
- Wizards grab Rui Hachimura at No. 9 June 20th, 2019
- Pelicans select Jaxson Hayes at No. 8 June 20th, 2019
- Bucks reportedly acquiring Jon Leuer from Pistons June 20th, 2019
- Tony Snell reportedly being traded to Pistons from Bucks June 20th, 2019
- Luke Kennard to come off the bench for Detroit in Game 4 on Monday April 22nd, 2019
- Bruce Brown starting for the Pistons in Game 4, Luke Kennard to the bench April 22nd, 2019
- Pistons' Blake Griffin (knee) active for Game 4 on Monday April 22nd, 2019
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) considered probable for Monday's game against the Bucks April 21st, 2019