Dwight Howard (back) not expected to return this season for Washington
Washington Wizards center Dwight Howard (back) is not expected to return to action this season.
Howard has been out since November 18, and with the Wizards on the outside looking in at the playoffs, there is no reason for the veteran big man to play. Thomas Bryant and Bobby Portis will continue to divvy up the center minutes over the final two weeks of the season.
Howard finished the 2018-19 season with an average of 12.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks in 25.6 minutes over the 9 games he played.
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Raptors' Kyle Lowry has procedure on left thumb July 18th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins says quad is 100% healthy July 11th, 2019
- Lakers reportedly plan to start LeBron James at point guard July 8th, 2019
- Avery Bradley reportedly plans to sign with the Lakers July 8th, 2019
- JaVale McGee reportedly returns to the Lakers July 6th, 2019
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope reportedly agrees to a two-year deal with the Lakers July 6th, 2019