Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal
Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul has been traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Russell Westbrook. The teams will also exchange picks.
Tensions between Paul and star James Harden were reported a month ago, and speculation about a possible trade has been brewing ever since. With Paul George's exit from Oklahoma City making Westbrook expendable, it was a natural trade fit. The Rockets are giving up their first round picks in 2024 and 2026, and the Thunder will have the option of swapping selections in 2021 and 2025.
In 58 regular season games last season, Paul averaged 15.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 8.2 assists and 37.6 FanDuel points per game.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal July 11th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks July 11th, 2019
- Alec Burks reportedly agrees to terms with Oklahoma City July 1st, 2019
- Nerlens Noel won't pick up player option with Oklahoma City June 27th, 2019
- Oklahoma City's Hamidou Diallo undergoes elbow surgery April 17th, 2019
- Paul George (shoulder) 'good to go' on Tuesday for the Thunder April 16th, 2019