76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft
The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics are in serious talks on a trade involving the No. 1 overall pick, according to ESPN's Marc Stein and Zach Lowe.
Early reports say the Sixers are looking to trade multiple picks, not players, to the Celtics to acquire the first overall pick. That includes Philly's third pick in 2017, and the 2018 Lakers unprotected pick the Sixers own. Philadelphia is keen on taking Markelle Fultz to pair along with Ben Simmons in their backcourt, which is a much better scenario for Fultz than trying to find time in the crowded Celtic backcourt.
The Sixers have a ton of picks to deal from including number 3, 36, 39, 46, and 50 in this year's draft plus the future Lakers' pick.
- Russell Westbrook joins starting lineup for Team LeBron Sunday in place of DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) February 18th, 2018
- Lakers' Channing Frye undergoes appendectomy February 17th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown scores 35 points in Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic wins MVP of Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- Corey Brewer scores 6 in 13 minutes off Lakers' bench February 16th, 2018
- Gorgui Dieng scores 6 as Timberwolves best Lakers February 16th, 2018
- 76ers' Joel Embiid says he'll participate in all three of his All-Star events February 16th, 2018
- Joel Embiid didn't play for 76ers on Wednesday due to swelling in ankle February 15th, 2018
- Philly's Ben Simmons scores 18 in triple-double performance February 15th, 2018
- Sixer's Dario Saric scores 19 points with 8 rebounds in absence of Joel Embiid (ankle) February 15th, 2018
- Amir Johnson replaces Joel Embiid (ankle) in 76ers' starting lineup on Wednesday February 14th, 2018
- Joel Embiid (ankle) ruled out on Wednesday in 76ers' last game before All-Star break February 14th, 2018