76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft
The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics are in serious talks on a trade involving the No. 1 overall pick, according to ESPN's Marc Stein and Zach Lowe.
Early reports say the Sixers are looking to trade multiple picks, not players, to the Celtics to acquire the first overall pick. That includes Philly's third pick in 2017, and the 2018 Lakers unprotected pick the Sixers own. Philadelphia is keen on taking Markelle Fultz to pair along with Ben Simmons in their backcourt, which is a much better scenario for Fultz than trying to find time in the crowded Celtic backcourt.
The Sixers have a ton of picks to deal from including number 3, 36, 39, 46, and 50 in this year's draft plus the future Lakers' pick.
- D'Angelo Russell ready to lead the Nets June 26th, 2017
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Mavericks yet to decide on Dirk Nowitzki's team option June 23rd, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- 76ers select Markelle Fultz first overall in the 2017 NBA Draft June 22nd, 2017
- 76ers' Dario Saric looks to improve three-point shooting in offseason June 20th, 2017
- 76ers officially acquire number one overall pick from Celtics June 19th, 2017
- Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday June 19th, 2017
- 76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft June 16th, 2017