76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft
The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics are in serious talks on a trade involving the No. 1 overall pick, according to ESPN's Marc Stein and Zach Lowe.
Early reports say the Sixers are looking to trade multiple picks, not players, to the Celtics to acquire the first overall pick. That includes Philly's third pick in 2017, and the 2018 Lakers unprotected pick the Sixers own. Philadelphia is keen on taking Markelle Fultz to pair along with Ben Simmons in their backcourt, which is a much better scenario for Fultz than trying to find time in the crowded Celtic backcourt.
The Sixers have a ton of picks to deal from including number 3, 36, 39, 46, and 50 in this year's draft plus the future Lakers' pick.
- Utah's Rudy Gobert focused on offensive improvement this offseason August 17th, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis August 15th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Free agent Gerald Henderson (hip) could miss entire 2017-18 season August 3rd, 2017
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid will not play with Team Africa July 14th, 2017
- Ben Simmons (right foot) playing 5-on-5 for 76ers July 10th, 2017
- Markelle Fultz (ankle) out at least one-to-two weeks July 9th, 2017
- J.J. Redick won't re-sign with Clippers June 28th, 2017
- 76ers expected to pursue J.J. Redick in free agency June 27th, 2017