Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has reportedly informed the team that he intends to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent in 2018.
George also confirmed the rumors that he wants to be a part of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise, as he intends to sign with the club in the summer of 2018. The news ties the Pacers hands a bit as if they trade George to any team but L.A., they won't get much back as he would be a short-term rental. The Lakers aren't likely to part with any of their young talents as well, just standing pat and trying to clear room to sign the All-Star next summer.
George averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game while posting a 3.8 nERD rating, ranking him 57th among all 486 NBA players in 2016-17.
- Julius Randle (ribs) is coming off the bench on Thursday for the Lakers October 19th, 2017
- Luol Deng getting the start at small forward for the Lakers October 19th, 2017
- Larry Nance Jr. starting for Lakers on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Omri Casspi (ankle) ruled out for Golden State's game on Friday October 19th, 2017
- Warriors' Draymond Green (knee) is now considered probable for Friday October 19th, 2017
- Michael Beasley (ankle) exits Knicks' game early on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- OKC's Russell Westbrook logs a triple-double in his first game of the season October 19th, 2017
- Donovan: Steven Adams getting 'getting better and better with his awareness' on defense for the Thunder October 17th, 2017
- Carmelo Anthony feels revitalized in Oklahoma City October 16th, 2017
- Paul George admits he has something to prove with Thunder October 16th, 2017
- Russell Westbrook says chemistry won't be issue for new-look Thunder October 16th, 2017
- Steven Adams leaves Thunder's preseason game Tuesday with back issue October 4th, 2017