Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has reportedly informed the team that he intends to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent in 2018.
George also confirmed the rumors that he wants to be a part of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise, as he intends to sign with the club in the summer of 2018. The news ties the Pacers hands a bit as if they trade George to any team but L.A., they won't get much back as he would be a short-term rental. The Lakers aren't likely to part with any of their young talents as well, just standing pat and trying to clear room to sign the All-Star next summer.
George averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game while posting a 3.8 nERD rating, ranking him 57th among all 486 NBA players in 2016-17.
- Nuggets' Wilson Chandler will exercise player option for 2018-19 season June 22nd, 2018
- Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery June 21st, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Clippers select Jerome Robinson with the 13th pick of the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- 76ers select Mikal Bridges at 10th overall June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- OKC's Nick Collison retires after 15 NBA seasons May 10th, 2018
- Thunder's Paul George undergoes knee surgery, out six-to-eight weeks May 10th, 2018
- Paul George catches fire, scores 34 in Thunder's Game 5 win April 26th, 2018
- Russell Westbrook scores 45 in Thunder's come-from-behind win April 26th, 2018
- Paul George scores 32 points as Thunder get crushed in Game 4 April 24th, 2018
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook shut down by Jazz in Game 3 April 22nd, 2018