Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has reportedly informed the team that he intends to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent in 2018.
George also confirmed the rumors that he wants to be a part of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise, as he intends to sign with the club in the summer of 2018. The news ties the Pacers hands a bit as if they trade George to any team but L.A., they won't get much back as he would be a short-term rental. The Lakers aren't likely to part with any of their young talents as well, just standing pat and trying to clear room to sign the All-Star next summer.
George averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game while posting a 3.8 nERD rating, ranking him 57th among all 486 NBA players in 2016-17.
- Lakers' Channing Frye undergoes appendectomy February 17th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown scores 35 points in Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic wins MVP of Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- 76ers' Joel Embiid says he'll participate in all three of his All-Star events February 16th, 2018
- Corey Brewer scores 6 in 13 minutes off Lakers' bench February 16th, 2018
- Gorgui Dieng scores 6 as Timberwolves best Lakers February 16th, 2018
- Russell Westbrook joins starting lineup for Team LeBron Sunday in place of DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) February 18th, 2018
- OKC's Paul George goes for 28 in win over Memphis February 15th, 2018
- Russell Westbrook posts 23 points, 13 rebounds, 15 assists in win for Thunder February 15th, 2018
- Kevin Durant explodes for 50 points as Thunder fall to Blazers on Wednesday February 15th, 2018
- Alex Abrines out for remainder of Thunder game with hip contusion February 14th, 2018
- OKC's Paul George scores 25 in losing effort February 14th, 2018