Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has reportedly informed the team that he intends to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent in 2018.
George also confirmed the rumors that he wants to be a part of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise, as he intends to sign with the club in the summer of 2018. The news ties the Pacers hands a bit as if they trade George to any team but L.A., they won't get much back as he would be a short-term rental. The Lakers aren't likely to part with any of their young talents as well, just standing pat and trying to clear room to sign the All-Star next summer.
George averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game while posting a 3.8 nERD rating, ranking him 57th among all 486 NBA players in 2016-17.
- D'Angelo Russell ready to lead the Nets June 26th, 2017
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Pacers, Lakers talking Paul George trade June 20th, 2017
- Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018 June 18th, 2017
- Pacers considering starting Lance Stephenson at shooting guard in 2017-18 April 27th, 2017
- Paul George struggles with his shot as Pacers get swept April 23rd, 2017
- C.J. Miles will start Game 4 in Indiana April 23rd, 2017
- Pacers fall to Cleveland despite a huge game from Paul George April 21st, 2017