Paul George intends to leave Indiana for L.A. in 2018
Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has reportedly informed the team that he intends to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent in 2018.
George also confirmed the rumors that he wants to be a part of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise, as he intends to sign with the club in the summer of 2018. The news ties the Pacers hands a bit as if they trade George to any team but L.A., they won't get much back as he would be a short-term rental. The Lakers aren't likely to part with any of their young talents as well, just standing pat and trying to clear room to sign the All-Star next summer.
George averaged 23.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game while posting a 3.8 nERD rating, ranking him 57th among all 486 NBA players in 2016-17.
- Hawks' Tyler Cavanaugh making first career start at center on Tuesday, Miles Plumlee moving to the bench December 12th, 2017
- Al Horford (rest) is out on Wednesday for Celtics December 12th, 2017
- Hawks' Miles Plumlee moving to the bench with Tyler Cavanaugh starting on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- John Wall (knee) will remain out on Tuesday night for Washington December 12th, 2017
- Ian Mahinmi (knee) a game-time decision for Washington December 12th, 2017
- Maurice Harkless (quad) upgraded to questionable Wednesday for Portland December 12th, 2017
- Andre Roberson (ankle) uncertain for Thunder on Wednesday December 12th, 2017
- Thunder's Paul George scores 20 points in Monday loss to Hornets December 12th, 2017
- Russell Westbrook scores 30 as Thunder fall to Hornets December 11th, 2017
- Alex Abrines will remain in Thunder starting lineup on Monday December 11th, 2017
- Andre Roberson (ankle) will not play for Thunder on Monday December 11th, 2017
- Paul George (calf) returns to starting lineup for Thunder on Monday after two-game absence December 11th, 2017