Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday
Former Duke forward and NBA draft prospect Jayson Tatum worked out for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
The Celtics were impressed with Tatum's shot-making and footwork, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. Having moved down to pick number three, the Celtics are all but assured to take either Tatum or fellow forward Josh Jackson with their first pick in Thursday's draft.
In one year at Duke, the 6'8" Tatum pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game, including 19.7% of available boards on the defensive end of the floor. He would fill a need for Boston, a team that finished this season ranked 27th in both rebounds per game and defensive rebounding percentage.
- Russell Westbrook joins starting lineup for Team LeBron Sunday in place of DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) February 18th, 2018
- Lakers' Channing Frye undergoes appendectomy February 17th, 2018
- Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic wins MVP of Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- 76ers' Joel Embiid says he'll participate in all three of his All-Star events February 16th, 2018
- Corey Brewer scores 6 in 13 minutes off Lakers' bench February 16th, 2018
- Gorgui Dieng scores 6 as Timberwolves best Lakers February 16th, 2018
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown scores 35 points in Rising Stars Challenge February 17th, 2018
- Kyrie Irving's 33 points not enough for Celtics in loss to Clippers February 15th, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Morris coming off the bench on Wednesday February 14th, 2018
- Aron Baynes returns to Celtics' starting lineup on Wednesday, Marcus Morris back to bench February 14th, 2018
- Celtics' Marcus Smart (hand) won't play Wednesday, 'trending positively' toward return February 13th, 2018
- Marcus Morris scores 17 points with 3 treys in start for Celtics February 12th, 2018