Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday
Former Duke forward and NBA draft prospect Jayson Tatum worked out for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
The Celtics were impressed with Tatum's shot-making and footwork, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. Having moved down to pick number three, the Celtics are all but assured to take either Tatum or fellow forward Josh Jackson with their first pick in Thursday's draft.
In one year at Duke, the 6'8" Tatum pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game, including 19.7% of available boards on the defensive end of the floor. He would fill a need for Boston, a team that finished this season ranked 27th in both rebounds per game and defensive rebounding percentage.
- Hawks' Tyler Cavanaugh making first career start at center on Tuesday, Miles Plumlee moving to the bench December 12th, 2017
- Hawks' Miles Plumlee moving to the bench with Tyler Cavanaugh starting on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- John Wall (knee) will remain out on Tuesday night for Washington December 12th, 2017
- Ian Mahinmi (knee) a game-time decision for Washington December 12th, 2017
- Maurice Harkless (quad) upgraded to questionable Wednesday for Portland December 12th, 2017
- Kings' Willie Cauley-Stein (back) upgraded to probable for Tuesday night December 12th, 2017
- Al Horford (rest) is out on Wednesday for Celtics December 12th, 2017
- Jayson Tatum grabs 10 boards Monday as Celtics fall to Bulls December 12th, 2017
- Celtics' Terry Rozier plays 28 minutes in Monday loss to Bulls December 12th, 2017
- Boston's Jaylen Brown gets 13 points and 8 rebounds in Monday loss December 12th, 2017
- Celtics' Al Horford (knee) says he's playing on Monday night December 11th, 2017
- Marcus Morris (knee) out indefinitely for Boston December 11th, 2017