Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday
Former Duke forward and NBA draft prospect Jayson Tatum worked out for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
The Celtics were impressed with Tatum's shot-making and footwork, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. Having moved down to pick number three, the Celtics are all but assured to take either Tatum or fellow forward Josh Jackson with their first pick in Thursday's draft.
In one year at Duke, the 6'8" Tatum pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game, including 19.7% of available boards on the defensive end of the floor. He would fill a need for Boston, a team that finished this season ranked 27th in both rebounds per game and defensive rebounding percentage.
- Utah's Rudy Gobert focused on offensive improvement this offseason August 17th, 2017
- Bulls, Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout August 17th, 2017
- Cavaliers targeting Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis August 15th, 2017
- Pistons willing to go into tax for Avery Bradley August 14th, 2017
- Pistons' Andre Drummond has lost 20 pounds this offseason August 11th, 2017
- Pistons' Boban Marjanovic to see more run in 2017-18 August 11th, 2017
- Celtics' Isaiah Thomas (hip) will not require surgery July 26th, 2017
- Celtics sign forward Guerschon Yabusele July 20th, 2017
- Celtics could make run at Pelicans' Anthony Davis July 18th, 2017
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown (leg) likely out for the remainder of Summer League July 14th, 2017
- Jazz sign Jonas Jerebko to two-year deal July 13th, 2017
- Marcus Morris headed to Celtics in two-player exchange July 7th, 2017