Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday
Former Duke forward and NBA draft prospect Jayson Tatum worked out for the Boston Celtics on Monday.
The Celtics were impressed with Tatum's shot-making and footwork, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. Having moved down to pick number three, the Celtics are all but assured to take either Tatum or fellow forward Josh Jackson with their first pick in Thursday's draft.
In one year at Duke, the 6'8" Tatum pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game, including 19.7% of available boards on the defensive end of the floor. He would fill a need for Boston, a team that finished this season ranked 27th in both rebounds per game and defensive rebounding percentage.
- D'Angelo Russell ready to lead the Nets June 26th, 2017
- Clippers' Blake Griffin opts out to become free agent June 25th, 2017
- Chris Paul declines his player option with the Clippers June 25th, 2017
- Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki considering a two-year deal June 25th, 2017
- Philadelphia's Furkan Korkmaz likely to join team in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Timberwolves to keep Ricky Rubio June 23rd, 2017
- Celtics draft Jayson Tatum with the third overall pick in the draft June 22nd, 2017
- Celtics interested in Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis June 20th, 2017
- 76ers officially acquire number one overall pick from Celtics June 19th, 2017
- Celtics worked out Jayson Tatum on Monday June 19th, 2017
- 76ers and Celtics close to swapping picks in the 2017 Draft June 16th, 2017
- Celtics considering Josh Jackson with top overall pick June 16th, 2017