Kings' Iman Shumpert will pick up his player option for the 2018-19 season
Sacramento Kings guard/forward Iman Shumpert will pick up his $11 million player option for the 2018-19 season, per Shams Charania of Yahoo! Sports.
The move was a no-brainer for Shumpert as he played just 14 games in the 2017-18 season and none after being traded to Sacramento from the Cleveland Cavaliers in February. With the Kings rebuilding, Shumpert is not expected to see much action but will collect a nice paycheck next season.
Shumpert averaged 4.4 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.2 assists while shooting 37.9% from the field in 2017-18.
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- 76ers' first round pick Zhaire Smith suffers foot fracture August 7th, 2018
- Greg Monroe signs one-year deal with Toronto August 6th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018
- Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M July 27th, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly signs 4-year, $120 million extension with Cavaliers July 24th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell agrees to a two-year, $6.2 million deal with Kings July 20th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Bulls to match Kings' $78M offer sheet to Zach LaVine July 7th, 2018
- Zach LaVine signs four-year, $80 million offer sheet with Kings July 6th, 2018
- Kings considering a run at Bulls' Zach LaVine June 28th, 2018