Warriors repeat as NBA champs, Kevin Durant named Finals MVP
The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 on Friday night to capture the NBA Finals 4-0.
In winning in a clean sweep, the Warriors took their second straight title and their third in four years. They outscored the Cavs by a margin of 60 points and 15 points per game. For his outstanding efforts, Kevin Durant was named Finals MVP with averages of 28.8 points, 10.8 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game.
In being named MVP, Durant became the 6th player to receive the honor in back-to-back Finals. He joins esteemed company in LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant and Hakeem Olajuwon.
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- 76ers' first round pick Zhaire Smith suffers foot fracture August 7th, 2018
- Greg Monroe signs one-year deal with Toronto August 6th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018
- Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M July 27th, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly signs 4-year, $120 million extension with Cavaliers July 24th, 2018
- Woj: Warriors to sign Jonas Jerebko July 7th, 2018
- Warriors re-sign Kevon Looney July 4th, 2018
- DeMarcus Cousins has agreed to a one-year, $5.3 million deal with the Warriors July 2nd, 2018
- JaVale McGee signs with Lakers on one-year deal July 2nd, 2018
- Kevin Durant re-signs with the Warriors for two years, $61.5M July 1st, 2018
- Woj: Warriors, Steve Kerr finalizing contract extension June 30th, 2018