Warriors repeat as NBA champs, Kevin Durant named Finals MVP
The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 on Friday night to capture the NBA Finals 4-0.
In winning in a clean sweep, the Warriors took their second straight title and their third in four years. They outscored the Cavs by a margin of 60 points and 15 points per game. For his outstanding efforts, Kevin Durant was named Finals MVP with averages of 28.8 points, 10.8 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game.
In being named MVP, Durant became the 6th player to receive the honor in back-to-back Finals. He joins esteemed company in LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant and Hakeem Olajuwon.
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Warriors repeat as NBA champs, Kevin Durant named Finals MVP June 9th, 2018
- Warriors list Andre Iguodala (leg) as probable for Game 4 on Friday June 8th, 2018
- Kevin Durant will re-sign with Warriors this summer June 7th, 2018
- Kevin Durant leads Warriors to victory with 43 points in Game 3 June 7th, 2018
- Andre Iguodala (leg) expected to play in Game 3 for Golden State June 6th, 2018
- Warriors' Andre Iguodala (leg) a game-time decision for Game 3 June 6th, 2018