Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach
The Toronto Raptors are reportedly hiring assistant Nick Nurse as the franchise's new head coach according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Nurse will be promoted to head coach after serving as an assistant under Dwane Casey. Nurse spent six seasons in the G League as a head coach, and before that he coached for 12 years in Europe, mostly in the British Basketball League. It's a somewhat surprising hire for the Raptors after they were the number one overall seed in the East, and swept by the Cavaliers in the second round.
The Raptors ranked second overall in numberFire's team power rankings with a 70.7 nERD in 2017-18. This was second only to the Golden State Warriors' nERD of 72.2.
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- 76ers' first round pick Zhaire Smith suffers foot fracture August 7th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018
- Clint Capela re-signs with Houston for five-years, $90M July 27th, 2018
- Kevin Love reportedly signs 4-year, $120 million extension with Cavaliers July 24th, 2018
- Magic trade Dakari Johnson to Grizzlies July 23rd, 2018
- Greg Monroe signs one-year deal with Toronto August 6th, 2018
- DeMar DeRozan traded to Spurs from Raptors in deal for Kawhi July 18th, 2018
- Raptors receive Danny Green in trade with Spurs July 18th, 2018
- Spurs acquire Jakob Poeltl, protected 2019 first-rounder from Raptors in Kawhi deal July 18th, 2018
- Raptors reportedly land Kawhi Leonard from Spurs in exchange for DeMar DeRozan July 18th, 2018
- Fred VanVleet and Toronto agree to terms on a two-year deal July 1st, 2018