Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks
The Charlotte Hornets have traded center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for center Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Howard is entering the final year of his contract worth $23.8 million dollars, and with Mozgov's bloated contract, the Nets will end up saving $17 million in cap space for the summer fo 2019. This potentially gives them the ability to sign two max contracts next summer. For Howard it's another stop on his career-ending tour of the league, but he should get plenty of opportunity in Brooklyn if he stays there the whole year. However, the trade could stunt the growth of Jarrett Allen for the Nets. For the Hornets it should open up some more playing time for Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky at center.
Howard had another productive year for the Hornets in 2017-18. He averaged 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.6 blocks over 30.4 minutes per game. He owned a 55.6 effective field goal percentage, and his nERD of 3.6 ranked him 51st in our rankings.
- Rajon Rondo fractures hand in Lakers' win, expected to miss 3-5 weeks November 15th, 2018
- Dallas' Wesley Matthews exits early on Wednesday with hamstring injury November 14th, 2018
- Toronto's Danny Green (back) makes an early exit on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Damian Lillard (knee) expected to play on Wednesday for Portland November 14th, 2018
- Mavericks' Wesley Matthews (hamstring) will play against Utah on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Phoenix's Trevor Ariza (personal) will not play against the Spurs on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Otto Porter Jr. puts up 19 points with 5 triples in Wizards' loss November 7th, 2018
- John Wall's 1st double-double not enough for Wizards November 7th, 2018
- Kelly Oubre will come off the Wizards' bench on Tuesday November 6th, 2018
- Otto Porter (toe) cleared for Wizards Tuesday November 6th, 2018
- Wizards' Otto Porter (toe) probable to play on Tuesday November 5th, 2018
- Otto Porter (toe) goes through full practice for Wizards November 5th, 2018