Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks
The Charlotte Hornets have traded center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for center Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Howard is entering the final year of his contract worth $23.8 million dollars, and with Mozgov's bloated contract, the Nets will end up saving $17 million in cap space for the summer fo 2019. This potentially gives them the ability to sign two max contracts next summer. For Howard it's another stop on his career-ending tour of the league, but he should get plenty of opportunity in Brooklyn if he stays there the whole year. However, the trade could stunt the growth of Jarrett Allen for the Nets. For the Hornets it should open up some more playing time for Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky at center.
Howard had another productive year for the Hornets in 2017-18. He averaged 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.6 blocks over 30.4 minutes per game. He owned a 55.6 effective field goal percentage, and his nERD of 3.6 ranked him 51st in our rankings.
- DeAndre Jordan (sprained ankle) doubtful for Knicks on Sunday February 23rd, 2019
- James Harden (neck) a game-time decision on Saturday for Houston February 23rd, 2019
- Darius Miller (ankle) doubtful on Saturday for New Orleans February 23rd, 2019
- Gorgui Dieng (personal) out on Saturday for Minnesota February 23rd, 2019
- Karl-Anthony Towns (concussion) questionable on Saturday for Minnesota February 23rd, 2019
- E'Twaun Moore (rest) out on Saturday for Pelicans February 23rd, 2019
- Bradley Beal scores 46 for Washington in a loss on Friday February 23rd, 2019
- Markieff Morris (neck) practices in full for Thunder February 21st, 2019
- Wizards' Dwight Howard (back) to start on-court work February 20th, 2019
- Chasson Randle to remain in the Wizards' starting lineup versus Toronto February 13th, 2019
- Wizards' Tomas Satoransky (personal) will remain out on Wednesday February 13th, 2019
- Tomas Satoransky (personal) questionable for Wizards on Wednesday February 12th, 2019