Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery
The Denver Nuggets chose Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. with the 14th overall pick of the NBA draft.
Porter Jr. needed back surgery before last season and was limited to only three games in college, leading to his slide after some mocks had him as high as a top-two selection. According to Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com.. the soon-to-be 20-year-old could even need to take a redshirt season. However, the upside is there, as Porter Jr. is massive on the wing, checking in at 6’10" with a 7-foot wingspan. It could prove to be a pretty valuable consolation prize for a Nuggets team that was the last to be eliminated from playoff contention last season.
Porter played a total of 53 minutes in three games at Missouri.
- Dallas' Wesley Matthews exits early on Wednesday with hamstring injury November 14th, 2018
- Toronto's Danny Green (back) makes an early exit on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Damian Lillard (knee) expected to play on Wednesday for Portland November 14th, 2018
- Mavericks' Wesley Matthews (hamstring) will play against Utah on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Phoenix's Trevor Ariza (personal) will not play against the Spurs on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Hawks' John Collins (ankle) listed as doubtful to play on Thursday November 14th, 2018
- Paul Millsap's season-high 25 points not enough for Nuggets November 12th, 2018
- Paul Millsap (ankle) is availble to play on Friday for Denver November 9th, 2018
- Paul Millsap (ankle) probable for Nuggets Wednesday November 6th, 2018
- Jamal Murray makes it rain with career-high 48 points, Nuggets beat Boston November 6th, 2018
- Paul Millsap (ankle) is available to play on Monday for Denver November 5th, 2018
- Paul Millsap (ankle) questionable for Nuggets Monday night November 5th, 2018