Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery
The Denver Nuggets chose Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. with the 14th overall pick of the NBA draft.
Porter Jr. needed back surgery before last season and was limited to only three games in college, leading to his slide after some mocks had him as high as a top-two selection. According to Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com.. the soon-to-be 20-year-old could even need to take a redshirt season. However, the upside is there, as Porter Jr. is massive on the wing, checking in at 6’10" with a 7-foot wingspan. It could prove to be a pretty valuable consolation prize for a Nuggets team that was the last to be eliminated from playoff contention last season.
Porter played a total of 53 minutes in three games at Missouri.
- DeMar DeRozan traded to Spurs from Raptors in deal for Kawhi July 18th, 2018
- Raptors receive Danny Green in trade with Spurs July 18th, 2018
- Spurs acquire Jakob Poeltl, protected 2019 first-rounder from Raptors in Kawhi deal July 18th, 2018
- Raptors reportedly land Kawhi Leonard from Spurs in exchange for DeMar DeRozan July 18th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard may participate in Team USA minicamp July 17th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Thomas reportedly agrees to veteran minimum with Nuggets July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Wilson Chandler to Philadelphia July 3rd, 2018
- Nikola Jokic re-ups with Denver for five years, $148M July 1st, 2018
- Will Barton staying in Denver after signing a four-year deal July 1st, 2018
- Nikola Jokic planning to sign $146 million extension with Nuggets June 25th, 2018