Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery
The Denver Nuggets chose Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. with the 14th overall pick of the NBA draft.
Porter Jr. needed back surgery before last season and was limited to only three games in college, leading to his slide after some mocks had him as high as a top-two selection. According to Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com.. the soon-to-be 20-year-old could even need to take a redshirt season. However, the upside is there, as Porter Jr. is massive on the wing, checking in at 6’10" with a 7-foot wingspan. It could prove to be a pretty valuable consolation prize for a Nuggets team that was the last to be eliminated from playoff contention last season.
Porter played a total of 53 minutes in three games at Missouri.
- Packers' Myles Turner (hip) listed as questionable for Saturday's game February 23rd, 2019
- Pacers' Tyreke Evans (ankle) questionable Saturday February 23rd, 2019
- Miami's Goran Dragic (knee) upgraded to probable for Saturday February 23rd, 2019
- Pelicans' Cheick Diallo has 16 points, 18 boards on Friday February 23rd, 2019
- Grizzlies' Joakim Noah scores 22 points, grabs 11 rebounds Friday February 23rd, 2019
- Pistons' Reggie Jackson had 32 points, 8 assists on Friday February 23rd, 2019
- Gary Harris (groin) to return for Nuggets on Friday February 21st, 2019
- Paul Millsap equals season-high 25 points, Nuggets withstand Kings February 14th, 2019
- Nuggets' Mason Plumlee coming off the bench in Wednesday's game against the Kings February 13th, 2019
- Denver's Paul Millsap starting on Wednesday February 13th, 2019
- Woj: Isaiah Thomas (hip) will make Nuggets debut Wednesday February 13th, 2019
- Gary Harris (groin) out Wednesday for Denver February 12th, 2019