Nuggets make Michael Porter Jr. last pick in lottery
The Denver Nuggets chose Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. with the 14th overall pick of the NBA draft.
Porter Jr. needed back surgery before last season and was limited to only three games in college, leading to his slide after some mocks had him as high as a top-two selection. According to Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com.. the soon-to-be 20-year-old could even need to take a redshirt season. However, the upside is there, as Porter Jr. is massive on the wing, checking in at 6’10" with a 7-foot wingspan. It could prove to be a pretty valuable consolation prize for a Nuggets team that was the last to be eliminated from playoff contention last season.
Porter played a total of 53 minutes in three games at Missouri.
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Suns' Devin Booker has hand surgery, will miss six weeks September 10th, 2018
- Tyrone Wallace agrees to offer sheet with Pelicans September 3rd, 2018
- Nuggets sign Monte Morris to 3-year deal July 20th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Thomas reportedly agrees to veteran minimum with Nuggets July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Wilson Chandler to Philadelphia July 3rd, 2018
- Nikola Jokic re-ups with Denver for five years, $148M July 1st, 2018
- Will Barton staying in Denver after signing a four-year deal July 1st, 2018