Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart
According to a report by A. Sherrod Blakely of NBC Sports Boston, the Sacramento Kings are preparing to put together an offer for Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart.
After failing in their attempt to bring Zach LaVine to Sacramento, the Kings have now turned their focus to another restricted free agent in Smart. Not afraid to flash some cash, the Kings may have the upper hand if they offer Smart a sizable contract as the Celtics have limited cap space.
Smart averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 1.3 steals in 29.9 minutes per game with Boston last season.
- Timberwolves reportedly intend to keep Jimmy Butler September 21st, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) fully cleared to resume all basketball activities September 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Marcus Smart reportedly signs with Celtics for 4 years, $52 million July 19th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (leg) undergoes surgery to remove plate, screws May 31st, 2018
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum given green light after concussion evaluation May 26th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 24, leads Celtics to 3-2 series advantage May 24th, 2018
- Aron Baynes starting for Celtics, Marcus Morris to bench in Game 5 May 23rd, 2018