Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart
According to a report by A. Sherrod Blakely of NBC Sports Boston, the Sacramento Kings are preparing to put together an offer for Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart.
After failing in their attempt to bring Zach LaVine to Sacramento, the Kings have now turned their focus to another restricted free agent in Smart. Not afraid to flash some cash, the Kings may have the upper hand if they offer Smart a sizable contract as the Celtics have limited cap space.
Smart averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 1.3 steals in 29.9 minutes per game with Boston last season.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (leg) undergoes surgery to remove plate, screws May 31st, 2018
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum given green light after concussion evaluation May 26th, 2018
- Jayson Tatum scores 24, leads Celtics to 3-2 series advantage May 24th, 2018
- Aron Baynes starting for Celtics, Marcus Morris to bench in Game 5 May 23rd, 2018
- Jaylen Brown scores 25 as Celtics fall to Cavaliers in Game 4 May 22nd, 2018