Thunder's Carmelo Anthony has met with Houston and Miami
Oklahoma City Thunder forward Carmelo Anthony recently met with Houston Rockets and Miami Heat management in Las Vegas, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The Thunder, who are planning on buying out the remainder of Anthony's contract, gave the forward permission to meet with other teams. The Rockets have appeared to be the frontrunners all along and are in need of help at the forward spot with the departures of Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute.
Anthony averaged 16.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game while shooting just 40.4% for the Thunder last season.
- Woj: Shabazz Napier heading to Brooklyn on a two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Woj: Jabari Parker, Bulls agree to two-year deal July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Bulls closing in on a deal with Bucks' free agent Jabari Parker July 13th, 2018
- Nuggets trade Kenneth Faried to Brooklyn in three-player swap July 13th, 2018
- Thunder's Carmelo Anthony has met with Houston and Miami July 10th, 2018
- Report: Thunder expected to part ways with Carmelo Anthony July 6th, 2018
- Nerlens Noel agrees to a two-year deal with Thunder July 2nd, 2018
- Paul George re-signs with the Thunder for $137M July 1st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Paul George says he will opt out of contract with Thunder June 28th, 2018
- Thunder's Carmelo Anthony opts into player option for 2018-19 June 25th, 2018