Thunder's Carmelo Anthony has met with Houston and Miami
Oklahoma City Thunder forward Carmelo Anthony recently met with Houston Rockets and Miami Heat management in Las Vegas, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The Thunder, who are planning on buying out the remainder of Anthony's contract, gave the forward permission to meet with other teams. The Rockets have appeared to be the frontrunners all along and are in need of help at the forward spot with the departures of Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute.
Anthony averaged 16.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game while shooting just 40.4% for the Thunder last season.
- Timberwolves reportedly intend to keep Jimmy Butler September 21st, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) fully cleared to resume all basketball activities September 20th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested a trade from the Timberwolves September 19th, 2018
- Dion Waiters (foot) will likely miss Heat season opener September 18th, 2018
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Marquese Chriss reportedly moved from Suns to Rockets August 31st, 2018
- De'Anthony Melton joins Suns' backcourt in reported trade with Houston August 31st, 2018
- Brandon Knight reportedly traded to Rockets from Suns August 31st, 2018
- Suns reportedly get Ryan Anderson, De'Anthony Melton from Rockets for Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss August 31st, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony verbally agrees to sign with Houston August 7th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony finalizes buyout with Hawks July 30th, 2018