11-seed Loyola Chicago upsets Miami with 28-foot shot at buzzer
The 11-seed Loyola Chicago Ramblers advanced to the second round with a 64-62 upset over the 6-seed Miami Hurricanes on Thursday.
The Ramblers were a popular upset pick and they didn't disappoint on Thursday afternoon, as Donte Ingram drained a 28-foot bomb at the buzzer to upset the Hurricanes in the first round. They will face the 3-seed Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday in the second round.
The Ramblers entered the tournament ranked 50th in numberFire's NCAA Power Rankings.
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- 11-seed Syracuse knocks off 3-seed Michigan State to advance to Sweet 16 March 18th, 2018
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- 13-seed Marshall takes out Wichita State in surprise upset March 16th, 2018