Notre Dame's Malik Zaire fractures ankle, done for season
Notre Dame starting redshirt sophomore quarterback Malik Zaire will miss the remainder of the season with a fractured right ankle.
Zaire's ankle bent awkwardly at the end of a scramble, and he needed help getting off the field after attempting to walk on it. Zaire won the starting gig over Everett Golson during the offseason, leading Golson to transfer. Redshirt freshman Deshone Kizer entered the game against Virginia and helped Notre Dame earn the victory, tossing a last-minute touchdown.
The Irish have now lost their starting quarterback and starting running back (Tarean Folston) to season-ending injuries in consecutive weeks.
- Braxton Miller to switch to H-back role for Ohio State? July 24th, 2015
- Joe Paterno elected to Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame June 16th, 2015
- Cardale Jones doesn't regret staying at Ohio State June 16th, 2015
- Pitt star wide receiver Tyler Boyd charged with DUI June 16th, 2015
- Cowboys take flier on Jaylon Smith at No. 34 April 29th, 2016
- Chargers won't be targeting Ronnie Stanley April 28th, 2016
- Browns or 49ers could select Jaylon Smith by third round of NFL Draft? April 27th, 2016
- Notre Dame's Malik Zaire fractures ankle, done for season September 12th, 2015