Jay Ajayi's season comes to an early end for Eagles with torn ACL
Philadelphia Eagles running back Jay Ajayi has been placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL and will not return this season.
Ajayi exited briefly during Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles before returning, so he may have played on a torn ACL in the second half. Corey Clement (quad) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) have both missed multiple weeks, so with the Eagles on a short week, Wendell Smallwood may be thrown into a workhorse role versus the New York Giants on Thursday night.
Ajayi averaged 10.2 FanDuel points in four games this season, with 45 carries for 184 yards and 3 touchdowns, and 5 receptions (6 targets) for 20 yards.
- Noah Fant suffered 'mild' ankle sprain in Broncos' preseason game Monday August 20th, 2019
- Broncos' Drew Lock (thumb) to be sidelined into the regular season August 20th, 2019
- Demaryius Thomas activated from PUP list by New England August 20th, 2019
- Andrew Luck (ankle) remaining out for Colts this week August 20th, 2019
- Duke Johnson (hamstring) back at practice for Texans August 20th, 2019
- Bears' David Montgomery 'will help immediately' August 20th, 2019
- Eagles' rookie JJ Arcega-Whiteside 'could factor in 2019' August 14th, 2019
- Eagles' Nate Sudfeld (broken wrist) expected to be out for 6 weeks August 9th, 2019
- Carson Wentz not expected to play in Eagles' preseason opener Thursday August 6th, 2019
- Jordan Howard excelling in Eagles' passing game August 6th, 2019
- Miles Sanders 'easily most impressive runner' at Eagles' camp August 6th, 2019
- Eagles' Miles Sanders has 'looked the part' in camp July 30th, 2019