Jay Ajayi's season comes to an early end for Eagles with torn ACL
Philadelphia Eagles running back Jay Ajayi has been placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL and will not return this season.
Ajayi exited briefly during Sunday's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles before returning, so he may have played on a torn ACL in the second half. Corey Clement (quad) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) have both missed multiple weeks, so with the Eagles on a short week, Wendell Smallwood may be thrown into a workhorse role versus the New York Giants on Thursday night.
Ajayi averaged 10.2 FanDuel points in four games this season, with 45 carries for 184 yards and 3 touchdowns, and 5 receptions (6 targets) for 20 yards.
- 49ers shut down Nick Bosa (hamstring) from offseason program May 23rd, 2019
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles for 2020 Draft pick March 28th, 2019
- Richard Rodgers re-signs with Philadelphia March 28th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019