Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has a "real chance" of being released this offseason, writes ESPN team reporter Jenna Laine.
The Bucs would save $13 million against the cap by releasing McCoy, who has three years remaining on his contract, but no guaranteed money. Turning 31 next month, McCoy has 6-plus sacks in six straight seasons.
McCoy recorded 24 tackles (14 solo) with 6 sacks in 2018.
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Buccaneers believe Chris Godwin can catch 100 passes March 26th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston targeting 250 pounds March 25th, 2019
- Breshad Perriman signs 1-year deal with Tampa Bay March 13th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- Bucs' Cameron Brate (hip) has offseason surgery January 19th, 2019
- Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason January 16th, 2019