Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has a "real chance" of being released this offseason, writes ESPN team reporter Jenna Laine.
The Bucs would save $13 million against the cap by releasing McCoy, who has three years remaining on his contract, but no guaranteed money. Turning 31 next month, McCoy has 6-plus sacks in six straight seasons.
McCoy recorded 24 tackles (14 solo) with 6 sacks in 2018.
- Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL next month June 24th, 2019
- Washington's Trey Quinn primed for inside slot role June 22nd, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon remains indefinitely suspended June 20th, 2019
- Packers pick up Michael Roberts June 18th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Carolina's Cam Newton (shoulder) will participate in drills on Tuesday June 8th, 2019
- Panthers' Cam Newton (shoulder) has resumed throwing a regulation-sized football May 31st, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Eric Reid re-signs with Panthers for 3 seasons February 12th, 2019
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) plans to play next season February 6th, 2019