Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas
The Houston Texans are expected to release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas on Tuesday, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
The Texans acquired Thomas from the Denver Broncos for a fourth-round pick in October, but he's due $14 million in 2019, so it wound up being more of a rental than long-term investment. He only caught 23 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns in seven games for Houston before suffering an Achilles' tear. Thomas turned 31 in December.
DT caught 59 passes for 677 yards and 5 touchdowns on 89 targets in 15 games last season.
- Darren Waller again shining at Raiders training camp August 21st, 2019
- Steelers' Vance McDonald to see same snaps in 2019 August 21st, 2019
- Jakeem Grant signs 4-year, $24M extension with Miami August 21st, 2019
- Rams' Darrell Henderson expected to see 9-12 touches a game August 21st, 2019
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon's holdout expected to leak into season August 21st, 2019
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny could be 'falling further' behind Chris Carson August 21st, 2019
- Demaryius Thomas activated from PUP list by New England August 20th, 2019
- Patriots remove Julian Edelman (thumb) from NFI list August 19th, 2019
- Patriots release wide receiver Dontrelle Inman August 18th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Patriots' Damien Harris battling 'minor' hand injury August 14th, 2019
- Patriots' Damien Harris not seeing reps at camp August 13th, 2019