Le'Veon Bell reportedly signs with Jets for 4 years, $35 million guaranteed
The New York Jets agreed to terms with running back Le'Veon Bell, formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers, on a 4-year, $52.5 million contract.
Bell will get $35 million guaranteed with the new deal and could pull in nearly $61 million in maximum value, including incentives. With Sam Darnold under center and newly acquired Kelechi Osemele up front, it's an optimal landing spot for the 27-year-old back after he sat out the entire 2018 season. Bell should also provide a significant upgrade for an offense that finished 29th in total yards and 26th in rushing yards last season.
Bell, a two-time All-Pro, has averaged 129.0 yards from scrimmage and totaled 42 touchdowns over 62 games in his career.
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay (wrist) says he's 100 percent July 15th, 2019
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott reportedly planning camp holdout July 15th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice (hamstring) reportedly questionable for the start of training camp July 12th, 2019
- Agent says Chargers' Melvin Gordon could hold out into season July 11th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) ready for start of training camp July 10th, 2019
- Chiefs want Damien Williams to be 'the full-time starter for the year' July 10th, 2019
- Jets' Chris Herndon suspended four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy July 12th, 2019
- Jets' Jamison Crowder looks 'fully healthy' July 9th, 2019
- New York Jets select Quinnen Williams with the third pick in the 2019 NFL Draft April 25th, 2019
- Isaiah Crowell signs on with Oakland March 28th, 2019
- Jets reportedly sign corner Brian Poole for slot duties March 15th, 2019
- Isaiah Crowell cut by Jets March 14th, 2019