Zach Brown to reportedly be released by Washington
The Washington Redskins plan to release linebacker Zach Brown, reports Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
Washington tried trading Brown and received interest from multiple teams, per Pelissero, but was unable to complete a deal. They will clear $5.75 million off the cap with the move. Brown was Pro Football Focus' 3rd-best inside linebacker out of 61 qualifiers in 2018. He will be 30 at the end of October.
Brown recorded 85 tackles (60 solo) with 1 sack, 1 pass deflection, and 2 forced fumbles last season.
- Texans expect Will Fuller (knee) to be ready for start of regular season July 20th, 2019
- Marquise Brown (foot) placed on Non-Football Injury list by the Ravens July 19th, 2019
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill not receiving suspension from NFL July 19th, 2019
- Raiders' Jalen Richard could have receiving workload lessened in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Demarcus Robinson could see larger role for Chiefs July 18th, 2019
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) avoids PUP list to open camp July 18th, 2019
- Eagles re-sign running back Darren Sproles on Friday July 19th, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles for 2020 Draft pick March 28th, 2019
- Richard Rodgers re-signs with Philadelphia March 28th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019