Adrian Peterson returning to Washington on 2-year deal
The Washington Redskins re-signed running back Adrian Peterson to a 2-year contract.
Peterson was picked up by Washington late last August after second-round pick Derrius Guice blew out his knee in the preseason opener. He wound up starting all 16 games and clearing 1,000 yards on the ground for the first time since 2015. Turning 34 next week, Peterson will likely open 2019 as Washington's starter as Guice continues to work his way back to full health.
Peterson ran 251 times for 1,042 yards and 7 touchdowns last season, adding 208 yards and a touchdown on 20 receptions (26 targets).
- Buffalo's Robert Foster 'has been working through a toe injury' August 25th, 2019
- Patriots reportedly release wide receiver Maurice Harris August 25th, 2019
- Bengals' Damion Willis to start for A.J. Green (foot) August 25th, 2019
- Josh Gordon in full pads at Patriots practice August 25th, 2019
- Texans' Lamar Miller reportedly confirmed with torn ACL, MCL August 25th, 2019
- John Ross (hamstring) returns to Bengals practice August 25th, 2019
- Case Keenum named Washington's Week 1 starter over Dwayne Haskins August 25th, 2019
- Washington coach Jay Gruden 'impressed' with Derrius Guice August 24th, 2019
- Redskins' Jordan Reed placed in NFL concussion protocol August 23rd, 2019
- Derrius Guice expected to play in Washington's next preseason game August 19th, 2019
- Washington's Case Keenum reportedly on track to start in Week 1 of the regular season August 18th, 2019
- Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington August 13th, 2019