Adrian Peterson returning to Washington on 2-year deal
The Washington Redskins re-signed running back Adrian Peterson to a 2-year contract.
Peterson was picked up by Washington late last August after second-round pick Derrius Guice blew out his knee in the preseason opener. He wound up starting all 16 games and clearing 1,000 yards on the ground for the first time since 2015. Turning 34 next week, Peterson will likely open 2019 as Washington's starter as Guice continues to work his way back to full health.
Peterson ran 251 times for 1,042 yards and 7 touchdowns last season, adding 208 yards and a touchdown on 20 receptions (26 targets).
- 49ers shut down Nick Bosa (hamstring) from offseason program May 23rd, 2019
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Trey Quinn to ‘dominate’ slot for Washington March 29th, 2019
- Derrius Guice (knee) expected to be full-go by Washington camp March 26th, 2019
- Washington's Colt McCoy underwent leg surgery March 25th, 2019
- Adrian Peterson returning to Washington on 2-year deal March 13th, 2019
- Washington reportedly releasing Stacy McGee March 13th, 2019
- Zach Brown to reportedly be released by Washington March 13th, 2019