Buccaneers' Jameis Winston targeting 250 pounds
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston hopes to play at 250 pounds this season.
That would make Winston, who is currently listed at 231 pounds, the heaviest player at his position in the NFL. "I’m going to play bigger this year," the 25-year-old quarterback said. "A solid 250. It’s just about hydration and being at the peak body, too." Winston is heading into the final year of his contract.
Jameis threw for 2,992 yards (7.9 yards per attempt) on a 64.6 completion percentage with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions over 11 games (nine starts) in 2018. He also rushed for 281 yards and a touchdown.
- 49ers shut down Nick Bosa (hamstring) from offseason program May 23rd, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers select linebacker Devin White fifth overall April 25th, 2019
- Buccaneers believe Chris Godwin can catch 100 passes March 26th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston targeting 250 pounds March 25th, 2019