Buccaneers' Jameis Winston targeting 250 pounds
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston hopes to play at 250 pounds this season.
That would make Winston, who is currently listed at 231 pounds, the heaviest player at his position in the NFL. "I’m going to play bigger this year," the 25-year-old quarterback said. "A solid 250. It’s just about hydration and being at the peak body, too." Winston is heading into the final year of his contract.
Jameis threw for 2,992 yards (7.9 yards per attempt) on a 64.6 completion percentage with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions over 11 games (nine starts) in 2018. He also rushed for 281 yards and a touchdown.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (thumb) ready for Week 1's matchup against Dallas August 25th, 2019
- Buffalo's Robert Foster 'has been working through a toe injury' August 25th, 2019
- Patriots reportedly release wide receiver Maurice Harris August 25th, 2019
- Bengals' Damion Willis to start for A.J. Green (foot) August 25th, 2019
- Josh Gordon in full pads at Patriots practice August 25th, 2019
- Texans' Lamar Miller reportedly confirmed with torn ACL, MCL August 25th, 2019
- Ronald Jones (knee) back at practice for Buccaneers August 23rd, 2019
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones has swelling in knee August 21st, 2019
- Tampa Bay working on restoring Ronald Jones' confidence August 14th, 2019
- Peyton Barber to start in preseason opener for Tampa Bay August 7th, 2019
- Jameis Winston showing 'consistency' at Bucs camp August 3rd, 2019
- Ronald Jones, Peyton Barber 'both going to play' for Buccaneers July 31st, 2019