Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield
Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack is "a little bit more the featured guy" in the backfield, head coach Frank Reich said.
“I mean, you saw that, when he’s healthy," Reich elaborated. "Nyheim [Hines] and Jordan [Wilkins] are still going to get their plays and take some of the load off ... but with emphasis on Marlon being the No. 1 guy.” Colts general manager added that the team believes Mack can "carry the load" and be a three-down back. After returning from injury in Week 6 last season, Mack racked up 1,068 yards and 10 touchdowns on 218 carries across 13 games, including the playoffs, with five 100-yard games in that span.
Mack finished the regular season with 908 yards and 9 touchdowns on 195 carries and 17 receptions (26 targets) for 103 yards and 1 touchdown in 12 games.
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Ben Watson signs one-year deal with New England May 9th, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Colts keep corner Pierre Desir on three-year deal March 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Adam Vinatieri would return if Colts want him January 14th, 2019
- Ryan Grant (toe) out for Colts in Divisional Round January 10th, 2019