Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield
Indianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack is "a little bit more the featured guy" in the backfield, head coach Frank Reich said.
“I mean, you saw that, when he’s healthy," Reich elaborated. "Nyheim [Hines] and Jordan [Wilkins] are still going to get their plays and take some of the load off ... but with emphasis on Marlon being the No. 1 guy.” Colts general manager added that the team believes Mack can "carry the load" and be a three-down back. After returning from injury in Week 6 last season, Mack racked up 1,068 yards and 10 touchdowns on 218 carries across 13 games, including the playoffs, with five 100-yard games in that span.
Mack finished the regular season with 908 yards and 9 touchdowns on 195 carries and 17 receptions (26 targets) for 103 yards and 1 touchdown in 12 games.
- Raiders' Jalen Richard could have receiving workload lessened in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Demarcus Robinson could see larger role for Chiefs July 18th, 2019
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) avoids PUP list to open camp July 18th, 2019
- Phillip Lindsay (wrist) leading Broncos' backfield to start camp July 18th, 2019
- Falcons' Austin Hooper ready for next step July 18th, 2019
- Derrick Henry to drive Titans' offense in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Colts keep corner Pierre Desir on three-year deal March 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Adam Vinatieri would return if Colts want him January 14th, 2019