Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.
The move clears $13 million in cap space. McCoy had been with the Buccaneers for his entire career after being selected with the 3rd overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Oklahoma. He turned 31 in February and has experienced some regression in recent years.
McCoy's 54.5 career sacks are 4th-most in Buccaneer history. He had a personal-best 9.5 sacks in 2013 and recorded at least 6 in each of the last six years.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (thumb) ready for Week 1's matchup against Dallas August 25th, 2019
- Buffalo's Robert Foster 'has been working through a toe injury' August 25th, 2019
- Patriots reportedly release wide receiver Maurice Harris August 25th, 2019
- Bengals' Damion Willis to start for A.J. Green (foot) August 25th, 2019
- Josh Gordon in full pads at Patriots practice August 25th, 2019
- Texans' Lamar Miller reportedly confirmed with torn ACL, MCL August 25th, 2019
- Cam Newton (foot) expected back Monday for Panthers August 25th, 2019
- Cam Newton (foot sprain) expected to play Week 1 for Carolina August 23rd, 2019
- Cam Newton's deep ball 'biggest surprise' for Carolina August 15th, 2019
- Curtis Samuel 'practically impossible to cover' at Panthers' camp August 15th, 2019
- Christian McCaffrey to yield Panthers' goal-line work to backup August 12th, 2019
- Panthers continue to rave about wide receiver Curtis Samuel August 7th, 2019