Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams expects to have an "expanded role" in the 2019 passing game.
With Tyrell Williams' departure this off-season, the 24-year old wideout is expecting to see more targets and playing time in 2019. “My role is going to expand with Tyrell leaving. I’m ready to make some plays this upcoming season,” said Williams. "I feel I’m going to get a lot more opportunities than I did last year. A lot more balls coming my way.”
For the 2019 season, our models project Williams to produce 55.5 receptions for 809.7 yards and 7.2 touchdowns. In 16 games last year, the Chargers' receiver hauled in 43 receptions for 664 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- Houston's Deshaun Watson completes 3 touchdowns in Sunday's road win over the Chargers September 22nd, 2019
- Giants' Daniel Jones accounts for four touchdowns in Week 3's comeback victory over Tampa Bay September 22nd, 2019
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson throws for 406 yards in Week 3's loss to New Orleans September 22nd, 2019
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans explodes for 3 touchdowns in Week 3's loss to New York September 22nd, 2019
- Carolina's Kyle Allen throws 4 touchdowns in Week 3's road victory against Arizona September 22nd, 2019
- Browns' Greedy Williams inactive against the Los Angeles Rams September 22nd, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen accumulates 183 receiving yards in Week 3's loss to Houston September 22nd, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen projected for 9.5 targets in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws 293 yards and an interception Sunday in Chargers' loss September 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler accumulates 133 scrimmage yards in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Mike Williams (knee) officially active for Chargers Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams (knee) expected to play in limited role in Week 2 September 15th, 2019