Ronald Jones, Peyton Barber 'both going to play' for Buccaneers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running backs Ronald Jones and Peyton Barber will share work this season, per comments from head coach Bruce Arians.
"It's going to be a heck of a 1-2 punch," Arians asserted. "Whichever one's the 1, whichever one's the 2, they're both going to play." He said he like what he saw from the backfield as a whole on Tuesday, though Jones earned individual praise for being an "explosive player" who will "make big plays" this season. Jones averaged an anemic 1.9 yards on 23 carries as a rookie, but the Bucs are willing to give the second-rounder another chance to earn a role.
Barber is currently the RB36 and Jones is the RB42 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
- Steelers reportedly acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick in trade with Miami September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Trevor Siemian (ankle) exits in the second quarter, Luke Falk in at quarterback September 16th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku (concussion) will not return in Week 2's game against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) available for Monday's game against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) active for Week 2's matchup against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Cleveland's Rashard Higgins (knee) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones expected to see more work Thursday September 12th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's O.J. Howard ranked as Week 2's TE8 September 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin projected for 5 catches, 64 yards Thursday September 11th, 2019
- Jameis Winston throws it away for Tampa Bay in loss September 9th, 2019
- Mike Evans limited for Buccaneers in loss to 49ers September 9th, 2019
- Ronald Jones leads Buccaneers' backfield in loss September 9th, 2019