Peyton Barber to start in preseason opener for Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Peyton Barber will start and work exclusively with the first-team offense in Friday's preseason opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Barber is in a battle with Ronald Jones for the starting running back job but appears to have the upper hand currently. Jones is expected to see some carries with the first-team offense, but will primarily run with the second unit on Friday. Expect the competition to last most if not all of the preseason.
Our models project Barber as the RB37 in fantasy this season with 706.1 rushing yards, 97.8 receiving yards, and 4.3 total touchdowns on 201.9 total touches in 2019.
- Steelers reportedly acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick in trade with Miami September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Trevor Siemian (ankle) exits in the second quarter, Luke Falk in at quarterback September 16th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku (concussion) will not return in Week 2's game against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) available for Monday's game against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) active for Week 2's matchup against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Cleveland's Rashard Higgins (knee) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones expected to see more work Thursday September 12th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's O.J. Howard ranked as Week 2's TE8 September 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin projected for 5 catches, 64 yards Thursday September 11th, 2019
- Jameis Winston throws it away for Tampa Bay in loss September 9th, 2019
- Mike Evans limited for Buccaneers in loss to 49ers September 9th, 2019
- Ronald Jones leads Buccaneers' backfield in loss September 9th, 2019