Frank Gore starting Bills' preseason opener
Buffalo Bills running back Frank Gore will start and get most of the first-team work in Thursday's preseason opener versus the Indianapolis Colts, head coach Sean McDermott said.
McDermott added that LeSean McCoy will start in the second preseason game. "Part of that is we know LeSean a little bit. This is our first time around Frank," McDermott said, "and the other piece of it is making sure with two experienced running backs that we keep these guys fresh for the season." McCoy recently said the Bills told him he's still "the guy," but between Gore starting Thursday and rookie Devin Singletary earning practice reps with the first-team, this has all the looks of a committee.
Gore is currently the RB67 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, behind McCoy (RB40) and Singletary (RB46), as well as T.J. Yeldon (RB59).
- Colts' Jacoby Brissett projected for 225.1 passing yards in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Vikings' Kirk Cousins ranked as Week 3's QB12 September 20th, 2019
- Bengals' Joe Mixon projected for 17.4 touches in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Vikings' Stefon Diggs projected for 8.7 targets in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk ranked as Week 3's WR14 September 20th, 2019
- Rams' Robert Woods projected for 5 receptions in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Bills' Devin Singletary (hamstring) will not play in Week 3's game against the Bengals September 20th, 2019
- Bills' Devin Singletary (hammy) not practicing Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Devin Singletary (hamstring) misses Bills' practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Bills' Josh Allen throws for 253 and a score, rushes for another Sunday September 16th, 2019
- Buffalo's Josh Allen ranked among Week 2's top ten quarterbacks September 14th, 2019
- Bills' Sean McDermott still saying Frank Gore is the team's starting running back September 11th, 2019